We would like to inform you that the 2022 impact factors published by Clarivate Analytics became available on 28th June 2023.
We listed some of the most significant changes below:
- Up until this point, the journals of Web of Science Core Collection Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) and the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) received an IF value. In the new JCR publication they have extended the area of journals to Arts and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI) and the multidisciplinary Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) journals, this significantly increased the number of periodicals that receive an IF value.
- The 2022 IF values appear in the JCR database with one decimal place instead of the previous three.
- Those 2022 IF values that would round down to 0.0 with the new one-decimal structure will be displayed as < 0.1.
The above changes only affect the metrics in the 2023 edition of the JCR, which are based on 2022 data; metrics for earlier years have not changed.
For further information please see the following sources:
- Clarivate blog post: https://clarivate.com/blog/unveiling-the-journal-citation-reports-2023-supporting-research-integrity-with-trusted-tools-and-data/
- Journal Citation Reports database website: https://jcr.clarivate.com/
- Journal Citation Reports database Help menu: https://jcr.help.clarivate.com